We provide management backup on operating/ engaging fleets of heavy vehicles on transportation of bulk supplies like Iron ore and coal. Fleets engaged with/through this firm are operated with full authority of original owner itself. This firm provide 100% operating support by which fleets engaged with this firm can be run without physical presence of owner. Concept is to aggregate the small fleet in to a single platform for branding, better management & optimal utilization. For more details scroll down.
Presently we are operating in Iron ore transportation from Tensa/Koira/ belt to different parts of Odisha and other parts of India. In future service will be extended to other entities like coal and other supplies.
for more details in Odisha mining please visit
Expert managing staff and technology of GTL take care of your fleet and its operations by which you will be able to run your vehicles more efficiently. Join GTL and experience the difference. Its beginning of new era of transport business. Join us and make transport business more efficient, secure and profitable.
GT L Logistics
Plot No B/10, Holding No 87
Rourkela, Distt Sundargarh
Mob 9348503106, 9934173277
Say something interesting about your business here.
Welcome to 20GTL SMARTFLEETERS OPC PVT LTD (An unified logistic and fleet management system) हम लगातर transport business से जुड़े समस्याओ पर बात करते आ रहें हैं और उन समस्याओं के समाधान के लिए लगातर प्रयास कर रहे हैं । कोई कुछ भी कहे transport industry हमेशा समस्याओं से घिरा रहा है और आगे भी घिरा रहेगा । इसका बहुत सारे कारण मे से एक कारण इस industry से जुडे लोगों की छवि और धारणा है। इस industry का भरतीय अर्थव्यवस्था पर लगभग 15% GDP का योगदान है फिर भी इस बिज़नेस जोखिमों से भरा हुआ है । इन जोखिमों मे सब से बड़ा समस्या ट्रक owner और driver का होता है । इन जोखिमों को ध्यान मे रखते हुए 20GTL SMARTFLEETERS एक unified logistic and fleet management concept लेकर आया है जो transport इंडस्ट्रय से जुड़े समस्याओं को single window service द्वारा समाधान कराने हेतू एक platform मुहैया कराता है । इस service के द्वारा खास करके truck owner अपना ट्रक आसानी से operate कर पायेंगे । हम technology, Data, System के साथ साथ भौतिक तौर पर हमेसा truck owners के साथ रहते हैं और उनको बहुत ही कम लागत मे service मुहैया कर उनका business को थोड़ा आसान बनाते हैं । Transport business अर्थव्यबस्था में एक अहम भूमिका निभाती है । commercial ट्रक इस भुमिका मे अहम पहलु है और सबसे ज्यादा जोखिम भरा काम करता है । एक fleet को operate करना एक कठिन काम है। साथ ही अर्थिक मंदी और COVID-19 के कारण बर्तमान मे TRUCK मालिको और चलोको की परिस्थिति काफ़ी खराब है । 20GTL SMARTFLEETERS , TRANSPORT से जुडे खतरों और समस्याओं पर लगातर काम कर रही है और इस कड़ी मे हम ये समझ पाये हैं की TRUCKING से जुड़े छोटे छोटे पहलुओं पर एक technology and management support system मुहैया कराये जाने से काफी सारे समस्याओ का समाधान हो सकता है और इस business को चलाने मे आसानी होगी । 20GTL SMARTFLEETERS, इसी कड़ी मे एक Unified fleet management concept लेकर आया है जो कई मायनों मे आप के काम को आसान बनाएगा । हम technology, data और management के द्वारा transport business से जुड़े तमाम जानकारियां तथा संसाधनो को इक्कठे कर कमो को आसान बनते है। एक विकट परिस्थिति मे एक support सिस्टम आप के साथ हो और अप को मदत करता हो तो आप का काम और जिवन भि थोड़ा आसान हो जायेगा । किसी भी काम मे एक हाथ से दो हाथ होना, कामों को आसान बनाती है । हम येह service करोना काल से पहले ही से supply chain system के जोखिमों को देखते हुये लाये थे। लेकिन हम जिन जोखिमों के बरे मे बात कर रहे हैं उनको करोना बिलकुल ही आईना की तरह हमारे सामने लेकर आ गया है। हम हमेसा management और business security के बारे मे बात कर रहे हैं ।और यह सच है की कोई भि Business को बेहतर बनाने के लिए एक उत्कृष्ट मैनेजमेंट की आबस्याकता पड़ती है।और जहां management की बात अति है वहा technology, Data और system की आबस्याकता पड़ती है। इन्ही सभी बातो को ध्यान में रखते हुए 20GTL SMARTFLEETERS एक Unified management system लेकर आया है जो एक ट्रक मे helper कि तरह हमेसा आपके साथ रहेगा और आप को मदत करता रहेगा। एक helper की cost पर एक management की सुबिधा अपने बिज़नेस मे सामिल कर अपने बिज़नेस को आसानी से संचालित करे । हम कुछ जटिल कामो को आसान भाषा मे बताने की कोशिश कर रहे हैं । हमारा ईरादा कुछ जानकारी और सच्चाईयों को साझा करना है जिससे कुछ जरुरतमंद भाईयों की मदद हो सकती है । हम जैसे समझ रहें हैं हो सकता है सभी की परिस्तिथि वौसे ना हो पर कुछ बाते सभी के साथ होता है । हम logistic supply chain system को काफी समय से study कर रहे हैं और business से जुड़े कुछ पहलुओं पर प्रबंधकीय समस्याओं को देख पाये हैं । business चाहे छोटा हो या बड़ा कुछ formula सभी के लिए एक जैसा ही लागू होता है जिसमे management एक अहम पहलु है । management की जहां बात अती है वहा team, technology, data, system और backup sources कि आवस्यकता पड़ती है जो किसी भी एक owner या आदमी के लोए कर पना नामुमकिन है। हम इन सब बातों को ध्यान में रखते हुए 20GTL SMARTFLEETERS एक unified logistic and fleet management system लेकर आये हैं जो कई मायने मे आपका trucking business को आसान बनाएगा । हम transport या logistics से जुड़े सभी कारकों को एक ही PLATFORM पर लाकर खास तौर पर छोटे और मझ्ले वर्ग के truck owners की समस्याओं का समाधान करने के लिए भिन्न-भिन्न प्रकार की प्रक्रिया द्वारा प्रयास कर रहे हैं । हो सकता है बहुत से owner भाईयों अपना काम बेहतर ढ़ंग से कर पा रहे हैं हों पर हमे लगता है बहुतों को मदद की आवस्यकता पड़ती होगी । Thank you 20GTL SMARTFLEETERS OPC PVT LTD.
20GTL Smartfleeter (a unified fleet management system) has been designed after going through a long study and experiences. We have been in transport business since long and during this period we have experienced many problems as a fleet owner. Running a fleet is nothing any difference from running any industry or business. There is a considerable amount of financial uncertainty involved with this business. But considering the financial activities and market, the business planning and management is very less in this field. There are reasons behind this. As we know 95% of fleet owners are individual operator or small owners. They dream to scale their business but the education and field in which they operate; they could not develop their thinking to the level of a sustainable business plan. And even they try, they can't afford for the system and technology require for handling all aspects of management. Due to this reason they face many problems in handling their business and in most cases they fail. The economy conditions are not good in this time. Low margin and high competition for survival, it requires an efficient management platform to handle your business in this tough time. GTL Logistics smart fleeter is best solution for small and independent fleet owners. As a business owner, you want to know that the equipment you’ve invested in is being put to good use. This is especially true for companies in the transportation and logistics industries. After all, you wouldn’t want to spend money on acquiring, maintaining, and repairing vehicles only to find out they aren’t being used for their intended purpose 20GTL SMARTFLEETERS (OPC) PVT LTD.
Transport business अर्थव्यबस्था में एक अहम भूमिका निभाती है । commercial ट्रक इस भुमिका मे अहम पहलु है और सबसे ज्यादा जोखिम भरा काम करता है । एक Fleet को Operate करना एक कठिन काम है। साथ ही अर्थिक मंदी और Covid के कारण बर्तमान मे Truck मालिको और चलोको की परिस्थिति काफ़ी खराब है । 20GTL SMARTFLEETERS , Transport से जुडे खतरों और समस्याओं पर लगातर काम कर रही है और इस कड़ी मे हम ये समझ पाये हैं की Trucking से जुड़े छोटे छोटे पहलुओं पर एक Technology and Management Support System मुहैया कराये जाने से काफी सारे समस्याओ का समाधान हो सकता है और इस Business को चलाने मे आसानी हो सकता है । । हम Technology, Data और Management के द्वारा Transport Business से जुड़े तमाम जानकारियां तथा संसाधनो को इक्कठे कर कमो को आसान बनते है। एक विकट परिस्थिति मे एक Support सिस्टम आप के साथ हो और अप को मदत करता हो तो आप का काम और जिवन थोड़ा आसान हो जायेगा । किसी भी काम मे एक हाथ से दो हाथ होना, कामों को आसान बनाती है । हम येह Service करोना काल से पहले ही से Supply Chain System के जोखिमों को देखते हुये लाये थे। लेकिन हम जिन जोखिमों के बरे मे बात कर रहे हैं उनको करोना बिलकुल ही आईना की तरह हमारे सामने लेकर आ गया है। हम हमेसा Management और Business Security के बारे मे बात कर रहे हैं ।और यह सच है की कोई भि Business को बेहतर बनाने के लिए एक उत्कृष्ट मैनेजमेंट की आवस्यकता पड़ती है।और जहां Management की बात अति है वहा Technology, Data और System की आवस्यकता पड़ती है। 20GTL SMARTFLEETERS एक ट्रक मे Helper कि तरह हमेसा आपके साथ रहेगा और आप को मदत करता रहेगा। एक Helper की Cost पर एक Management की सुबिधा अपने बिज़नेस मे सामिल कर अपने बिज़नेस को आसानी से संचालित करे ।
2. हम कुछ जटिल कामो को आसान भाषा मे बताने की कोशिश कर रहे हैं । हमारा ईरादा कुछ जानकारी और सच्चाईयों को साझा करना है जिससे कुछ जरुरतमंद की मदद हो सकती है । हम जैसे समझ रहें हैं हो सकता है सभी की परिस्तिथि वौसे ना हो पर कुछ बाते सभी के साथ होता है । हम Logistic Supply Chain System को काफी समय से Study कर रहे हैं और Business से जुड़े कुछ पहलुओं पर प्रबंधकीय समस्याओं को देख पाये हैं । Business चाहे छोटा हो या बड़ा कुछ formula सभी के लिए एक जैसा ही लागू होता है जिसमे Management एक अहम पहलु है । Management की जहां बात अती है वहा Team, Technology, Data, System और Backup Sources कि आवस्यकता पड़ती है जो किसी भी एक Owner या आदमी के लोए कर पना नामुमकिन है। । हम Transport या Logistics से जुड़े सभी कारकों को एक ही Platform पर लाकर खास तौर पर छोटे और मझ्ले वर्ग के Truck Owners की समस्याओं का समाधान करने के लिए भिन्न-भिन्न प्रकार की प्रक्रिया द्वारा प्रयास कर रहे हैं । हो सकता है बहुत से Owners अपना काम बेहतर ढ़ंग से कर पा रहे हों, पर हमे लगता है बहुतों को मदद की आवस्यकता पड़ती होगी ।
3. हम लगातर Transport Business से जुड़े समस्याओ पर बात करते आ रहें हैं और उन समस्याओं के समाधान के लिए लगातर प्रयास कर रहे हैं । कोई कुछ भी कहे Transport Industry हमेशा समस्याओं से घिरा रहा है और आगे भी घिरा रहेगा । इसका बहुत सारे कारण मे से एक कारण इस Industry से जुडे लोगों की छवि और धारणा है। इस Industry का भरतीय अर्थव्यवस्था पर लगभग 15% GDP का योगदान है फिर भी इस बिज़नेस जोखिमों से भरा हुआ है । इन जोखिमों मे सब से बड़ा समस्या ट्रक Owner और driver का होता है 20GTL SMARTFLEETERS, transport इंडस्ट्रय से जुड़े समस्याओं को single window service द्वारा समाधान कराने हेतू एक platform मुहैया कराता है । इस service के द्वारा खास करके truck owner अपना ट्रक आसानी से operate कर पायेंगे । हम technology, data, system के साथ साथ भौतिक तौर पर हमेसा truck owners के साथ रहते हैं और उनको बहुत ही कम लागत मे service मुहैया कर उनका business को थोड़ा आसान बनाते हैं ।
4. पता नहीं कितने लोगों के पास हमारा Msg पहुंच पा रहा होगा पर कुछ तो होंगे जिनको इस कठिन समय मे एक साथ की, एक मदत की जरुरत होगी । हमारे प्रयास से अगर हमारे देश या समाज से जुड़े कुछ पहलुओं पर गुणवत्ता एबं उत्पादक मे बढ़ोतरी होती है और उसका लाभ समाज मे होता हो तो हमें यह काम करना चाहिए ।
5. हर Businessmen अपना काबिलियत के हिसाब से अपना business चलाता है । बड़े छेत्र मे कुछ हद तक काम करना आसान रहता है क्यूँ की आप के साथ आप का staff और management टीम होता है । पर छोटे और मध्यम वर्ग के लिए यह परिस्थति अलग रहती है । यहां सभी काम एक व्यक्ति पर निर्भर करता है । trucking के छेत्र मे लगभग 95 % ट्रक छोटे या परिवरिक व्यवसाय के तौर पर चलाया जता है । जब की इस business जोखिम से भरा हुआ है। Finance के द्वारा प्रत्येक truck पर 35- 40 लाख के ऋण रहता है और प्रत्येक माह एक लाख रुपए की किस्त रहती है। ऐसे परिस्थति मे आप के business के गुण्बता एबं उत्पादकता बनए रखना एक challenge हो जता है । आप रुक नहीं सकते ।आप धीमा नहीं हो सकते । अपको दौड़ना ही होगा । लेकिन इस दौड़ में आप अकेले दौड़ते हैं । आपके साथ कोई नहीं है आप को साथ देने के लिये या आपका हौसला अफजाई के लिए । आप थक जायेंगे तो आप के साथी आपसे सौदा करेंगे । आप अपने पैसा, समय, सपना, आस सभी लगाते हैं पर ऊस सपने को सकार करने के लिए अकेले दौड़ते हैं । मनुष्य का समय कभी एक जैसा नहीं होता है । Carona हमे ये चीज सिखाया और दिखाया है । ऐसे में आप के साथ कोई होना चाहिए जो आप के सभी परिस्थिति मे आपका साथ हो और आपका काम मे आपका मदत करता हो ।
20GTL SMARTFLEETERS OPC PVT LTD हर परिस्थिति मे आपका साथ रह कर transport business से जुड़े हर पहलुओं पर आप का मदत करता रहेगा ।
6. हम तो कूछ भी नहीं, बड़े बड़े business, अपने mismanagement या गलत फैसला के लिये डुबा है । इसका उदहारण Jet Airways, King Fishers, Sahara India ऐसे लंबे लिस्ट है । किसी भी बिज़नेस को आगे बढ़ाने के लिए management एक अहम भूमिका निभाती है । और आज technology हमारा काम करने की तरीको मे कितना बदलाव लेकर आया है ।ऐसे मे हमें भी अपना तरीका बदलना होगा अपना business को बचाए रखने के लिये । 20GTL SMARTFLEETERS ट्रक मालिको को एबं उनसे जुड़े लोगों को जिनके पास बर्तमान समय का technology को उपयोग करने की ख्यमता नहीं है, उनको एक आसान तरीके की Platform/System के द्वारा 3rd party सुविधा के तौर पर technology और उत्कृष्ट management मुहैया कराता हैं । जिस्से आम और कम पढ़े लिखे लोग भी technology का लाभ उठा सकते हैं ।
हमारा ईरादा हर व्यक्ति की ख्यमता को बढ़ाना है जिससे वो अपना काम आसानी से कर पायेंगे और उनका गुणवत्ता एबं उत्पादकता में बढ़ोतरी हो । GTL के कांसेप्ट आप के लिए एक अवसर है क्यूँ की हम अपने बिज़नेस से kisi दूसरे के business को खतम नहीं कर रहे हैं वाल्कि हर छोटे business को बेहतर ढ़ंग से करने मे उनकी मदत करते हैं । समाज मे एक नया trend चला हुआ है । बड़े business के द्वारा छोटे business को निगलने की रणनीति । बड़े बड़े कंपनी आम सा साग और सब्जी भी Mall में बेचना आरम्भ कर देंगे । आप का दुकान बन्द हो जायेगा । क्यूँ की वो सस्ता, और कभी कभी Free भी बेचेंगे । एक बार आप का दुकान बन्द हो जाये फिर उसी साग को चार गुना दाम मे बेचेंगे । येही तो नया trend है । transport industry मे भी ऐसा होगा । बड़ी बड़ी कंपनी अपनी logistic चलायेंगे । उनके सामने आप टिक नहीं पायेंगे । इसलिए अपको अपना काम में बदलाव लाना होगा । छोटे छोटे बिज़नेस में गुणवत्ता एबं उत्पादकता लाना होगा तब आप टिक पायेंगे ।
20GTL SMARTFLEETERS OPC PVT LTD, transport industry मे छोटे और मध्यम वर्ग के business owners के कमो की गुणवत्ता एबं उत्पादकता मे बढोतरी कर उनका काम को आसान बनाने के लिये एक नई पहल के साथ आया है । येह service अपके पास अपके नजदीक अपके साथ रहता है।
7. बर्तमान में करोना के कारण वैश्यिक अर्थव्यवस्था काफी असंतुलित हो गया है। चाहे छोटा हो या बड़ा बिज़नेस, सभी के ऊपर इसका प्रभाव पड़ा है ।बड़े बड़े कम्पनिया घाटे मे चल रही है। यहां तक की अपने कर्मचारियों को सैलरी देने तक के पैसे नहीं है। private कम्पनियाँ बचे रहने के लिये cost cutting के ऊपर ध्यान दे रहे हैं । कर्मचारियों को छटा जा रहा है । सरकर ऐसे स्तिथि मे देश की अर्थव्यवस्था को बचाए रखने के लिये बहुत सारे सरकारी कम्पनियों को प्राइवेट कर पैसा जुटाने की कोसिस कर रही है । ऐसे मे अगर हम अपनी प्रबंधकीय कौशल के अभाव से अपनी गुणवत्ता एबं उत्पादकता मे कमी लाते है तो इस विकट परिस्थिति मे हम अपनी समस्या और बढ़ा देते है और पुरा देश को लिया जाए तो पुरा देश का परिस्थति खराब करते हैं । हमारा छोटे छोटे कार्य प्रणाली में बदलाव लाने से इस विकट परिस्थिति मे भि हम survive कर पायेंगे । समय हो या पृकृति हमेसा हमारे जीवन मे बदलाव लाते राहते हैं । हम अपनी कर्य कुशलता से ऊस बदलाव के साथ अपने आप को ढलते हैं । ये समय एक मौका है अपने कार्य प्रणाली में बदलाव लाकर इस विकट परिस्थिति मे से निकलने के लिए । unity कहें या एकता, इसका, अपने आप मे एक अलग सच्चाई और ताकत है। इसको साबित करने के लिये उदाहरण की अवश्यता नहीं है। 20GTL SMARTFLEETERS OPC PVT LTD ट्रांसपोरट बिज़नेस में एक सहयोगी की भूमिका निभाती है जिससे इस बिज़नेस से जुड़े व्यवसायीयो को इस विकट परिस्थिति मे अपना बिज़नेस को आगे ले जाने मे मदत मिलेगा ।
यहां भी कोई जादुई फ़ॉर्मूला छुपा नहीं है। हम आम सा छोटे छोटे प्रबंधकीय कौशल एबं साधनों की उपलव्ध्ता को एक जगह पर एकत्र कर कामों को आसान बनाने की कोशिश कर रहे हैं । समस्या के समय हमे साथ रहने की जरूरत है। GTL Smartfleeters अपनी भूमिका निभाने के किये तैयार है और truck owner भाईयों को इस विकट परिस्थित मे एक साथ चलने के लिये स्वागत करता है ।
दुनिया मे समस्या आती रहेगी पर हम अपनी कर्य कुशलता एबं एकता के द्वारा आगे बढ़ते रहेंगे ।
8. सिर्फ Initiative ही किसी चीज मे विकाश लाने के लिये काफी नहीँ है। Initiative के पीछे का ईरादा और ऊस Initiative का समाज के प्रती समर्पण विकाश का स्वरूप निर्णय करता है। मेहनत तो चोर भी करता है। इसलिए मेहनत मे व्यक्तिगत स्वार्थ से ज्यादा समाजिक स्वार्थ का होना विकाश का पथ प्रशस्त करती है । आज हम महसूसा कर पाते हैं की हमारा बहुत सा कर्य मे व्यक्तिगत स्वार्थ के कारण झुट, लूट, ठगी, लालच, चापलूसी, चलाकी, घुस, अन्याय और अत्याचार सामिल है। ये सरि गुणो से किया गया मेहनत कभी भी किसी व्यक्ति, समाज या देश का विकास का कारण नहीं बन सकता है । 20GTL smartfleeters opc pvt ltd अपनी मुल सिद्धांत जिसमे, दूसरो की मदत करना, एकता, एक दूसरे का साथ, समाजिक और मानवीय संवेदनाओं एबं सद्भावना सामिल है, ट्रांसपोरट बिज़नेस और इससे जुड़े लोगों की कार्य ख्यमता, गुणवत्ता एबं उत्पादकता में बढ़ोत्तरी के लिए प्रयत्नशील है। हम अपनी कर्य कुशलता को बेहतर बनाने के लिए, उत्कृष्ट Technology, management, system, data management के इस्तेमाल के द्वारा ट्रांसपोरट बिज़नेस से जुड़े समस्याओं का समाधान आसान उपायों से करते हैं जिससे आम और कम पढ़े लिखे लोग भी इसका लाभ उठा सकते हैं । Transport Industry को हमेसा गंदा और खतरा बताया गया है । जिस Industry की भूमिका के बगेर किसी भी ब्यक्ति या देश की विकास संभव ही नहीं है, तो येह Industry गंदा कैसे हो सकता है। Transport एक तौर पर व्यक्ति को गती प्रदान करती । बिना गती के आप आगे कैसे बढ़ सकते है। क्या हर देश मे transport industry गंदा मना जता है ? सबसे पेहले हमें अपना विचार बदलना होगा। अपने कामों और चरित्र से लोगों मे अपना छवि बदलना होगा। इस समय जब हमारा पुरा जिवन ही अस्त व्यस्त है, हमे नये सिरे से सुरुआत करने किअवश्यक्ता है ।
9. प्रबंधन एक कला है । मनुष्य अपने प्रबंधकीय कौशल से विभिन्न परिस्तिथि में अपने आप को ढालने की कोशिश करता है और परिस्थिति को सामान्य बनाता है । transport industry हमेसा जोखिम भरा रहा है क्यूँ की ये रफ्तार का business है। इसमे खर्चे और आमदनी की सन्तुलन बनाए रखना बहुत जरूरी है । ऐसे मे छोटे छोटे चीजो मे वचत और बेहतर प्रबंधन एबं technology के उपयोग से अपने कर्य दखयता और उत्पादकता में बढ़ोत्तरी लाकर हम अपनी business को स्थिर बनाये रख सकते हैं ।
जहां हम management support system कि बात करते हैं वहां सभी के मन मे सवाल अता होगा "कि हम तो अपना transport बिज़नेस खुद से manage कर रहे है" और अलग से management और technology support system कि क्या अवश्यक्ता है। पर यहां पर बताना चाहेंगे की management एक व्यक्ति द्वारा संभव नहीं है । Management विभिन्न विषयों पर कर्य को बाँट कर कुशलता से उन कर्य को विभिन्न संसाधनों के उपयोग से असान, सरल और उत्पादक बनाना होता है । और इन सभी कमो को करने के आवशयक व्यवस्था, एक मलिक या owner द्वारा अपना 2 या 4 गड़ी के लिए कर पाना असंभव है । आप बिमार है इसका मतलब यह नहीं है कि आप अपने घर मे ही अस्पताल खोल पायेंगे । हो सकता है जो बड़े owner हैं वो अपना कामों को बेहतर ढंग से manage कर पा रहे हो। इसको हम मानते हैं पर छोटे और मझ्ले वर्गो के बिज़नेस में management कि अभाव को हम महसूस कर पा रहे हैं । हम transport business से जुडे सभी कारकों और support system को एक ही platform पर रख कर बेहतर technology और management के द्वारा छोटे और मझ्ले वर्ग के transport owners के कामों को आसान बनाते हैं । हम समझते हैं कि आप एक owner होने के साथ साथ एक परिवरिक व्यक्ति है। अपने बिज़नेस के अलावा अपना परिवरिक और समाजिक दायित्व है। हमारे अन्दाज मे बहुत से owners अपनी business की भाग दौड़ में अपना परिवरिक और समाजिक दायित्व के लिये समय नहीं दे पाते हैं । यहां हम चीजों को थोड़ा बदलने और असान बनाने की कोसिस कर रहे हैं । 20GTL SMARTFLEETERS का अपके साथ होने से आप के business के लिए हर जगह व्यक्तिगत तौर पर आप की उपस्तिति की अवश्यक्ता नहीं रहेगी जिस्से आप अपनी समय अपना परिवार और समाजिक दायित्वों में लगा सकते है। ये हमारा विचार है । ये विचार हम किसी के ऊपर नहीं थोप रहे हैं ।
20GTL SMARTFLEETERS OPC PVT LTD transport business के साथ साथ समाजिक विकाश में एक नई पहल कर रहा है जिसमे आप सभी की साथ कि जरुरत है ।
10. Transport business मे ड्राईवर की भुमिका भी अती संवेदनशील और अहम है । मालिकों की प्रबंधीक कुशलता के साथ साथ ड्राईवर कि कार्य कुशलता घाटा या मुनाफा के लिये अहम कारक बनती है । बर्तमान समय मे owners के profit margin बहुत कम है। द्वीतिय, trucks की size और capacity धीरे धीरे बढ़ते जा रहा है लेकीन tyre और road की अवस्था मे ज्यादा बदलाव नहीं हुआ है । अभी tyre मे ज्यादा load pressure और friction रहता है। ऐसे मे ड्राईवर की थोडी सि गलती से भारी नुकसान हो सकता है । उदहारण के लिये लिया जाये तो एक tyre के फटने से सीधे 20000 का loss । एक load मे 10- 20 हजार का margine हो और उस trip मे हमारी गलती से लाभ का दोगुना खर्चे लेकर आयेंगे तो हम आगे नहीं पीछे की और चल रहे हैं। किसी भी व्यक्ति कि भविष्य उसका खुद् का productivity पर निर्भर करता है । यहां driver और owner एक दूसरे को आरोप प्रत्यारोप करते रहते हैं । हर व्यक्ति कि अपना जिम्मेदारी है । हर truck मे एक कुशल और अनुभव ड्राईवर की होना अनिवार्य है । समय और परिस्तिथि को देखते हुये ड्राईवर को अपना काम कुशलता से करना होगा। अपना चालन प्रक्रिया मे सुधार लाना होगा । truck एक machine है । अस machine की दखयता हम मनुष्य की कार्य कुशलता के ऊपर निर्भर करता है । 20GTL SMARTFLEETERS driver safety के साथ साथ truck की safety के लिये driver training, speed monitoring, driving behavior के ऊपर लगातर उत्पादक प्रक्रिया मुहैया कराता है। और इस कड़ी मे ड्राईवर की safety, समाजिक विकाश, अर्थिक विकाश, सम्मान पर हम लगातर प्रयास कर रहे हैं । हम इस बात को जानते हैं की transport industry मे ज्यादातर ड्राईवर अनपढ़ या कम पढ़े लिखे होते है जिसके कारण कई बार उनको अपने कार्य में समस्या आती है । इन बिन्दुओ पर हम लगातर काम कर रहे है और इसमे हम सुधार प्रक्रिया लेकर आ रहे हैं जो कई मायने मे owner के साथ साथ driver के लिए भी लाभदायक होगा ।
11. Transport बिज़नेस मे Finance अहम भूमिका निभाती है । हर गाड़ी आपको finance के द्वारा ही उपलब्ध कराया जाता है । और finance विभिन्न प्रकार के सरकारी और गैर-सरकारी संस्था के द्वारा किया जता है। यहां पर interest 15-25 % रहता है। और एक 12 wheeler ट्रक पर लग भग 30- 35 लाख का लोन रहता है जिसे 4-5 साल तक मे चुकाना होता है । प्रती माह लगभग 70-80 हजार का EMI रहता है । इसके आलावा tax, incurrence को मिलया जाये तो हर महीना 1 लाख तक का खर्चा रहता है जिसे आप को 5 साल तक झेल्ना रहता है। इन खर्चे के अलावा tyre, maintenance, driver and helper का cost का bill अलग से है । ऐसे मे इन खर्चे लगातर 5 साल तक आप के सर पर रहता है। यहां पर फिर आता है finance के नियम । अगर आप लगातर 3 महीना तक EMI नहीं चुकाते हैं तो कंपनी आपकी गाड़ी repossess करेगी ऐसे मे गाड़ी आपकी हाथ गया । जब गाड़ी ही आप के हाथ में नहीं रहेगा तो आप के बिज़नेस मे लौटने का अवसर आप खो देंगे साथ साथ defaulter का तमका अलग से लगेगा जिससे भविश्य मे आप कभी भी किसी भी बैंक या financial institutions से लोन नहीं ले पायेंगे । ये नियम और परिस्थित को सभी जानते है और इसी बात के लिये आप blackmail किये जाते हैं । आप हमेसा डर के साथ जिते है । दिन रात एक करते है फिर भी कुछ factors के उपर आप का वस नहीं रहता है। आपका risk factor अन्य के मुकाबले कई मायने मे ज्यादा है । transport बिज़नेस से जुड़े छोटे छोटे पहलुओं पर प्रबंधकीय कौशल के द्वारा बदलाव लाकर हम हमारी उत्पादकता में वृद्धि लाकर इस बिज़नेस से जुड़े risk factors को काफी हद तक कम कर सकते हैं । जब हम खराब परिस्थिति में पड़ते हैं तो समाज मे हर जगह हमारी बेज्जति होती है । finance कंपनी के recovery एजेंट आप की परिस्थिति को भांप कर आपसे police की तरह बात करने आरंभ कर देंगे । आप का ड्राईवर हेल्पर अपका बदनाम करेंगे । बाज़ार में जहां आपका लेनदेन है वहां पर भी आप रोके तोके जायेंगे क्यूँ की आप अपना बिज़नेस सही ढंग से नहीं चला पा रहे हैं । आप को उधारी चुका नहीं पाते हैं ।ऐसे परिस्तिथि में लोग आपका फायदा उठायेंगे । ये सभी परिस्तिथि कहानी नहीं है । हर दिन ये घटित होता है । आप भागते दौड़ते हैं लेकिन अपका पसीना का फायदा दूसरे उठाते हैं । बहुत सारा काहनी है । और इन काहनियो मे सच्चाई भी है। ये परिस्तिथि छोटे और मध्यम वर्ग के बिज़नेस owners के साथ ज्यादा उत्पन्न होता है । 20GTL SMARTFLEETERS एक support system मुहैया कराता है जो इन खतरों को कई मायने में कम करने में मदतगार सवित होगा।
The concept has been designed after going through long study and experiences. In simple it can be said “one can't hire a doctor for single patient but when there are more patients a hospital can be created with all required facilities. Concept of GTL has been designed on this basis.
All the operational activities of fleet are handled by a team of efficient professionals armed with system and technology headed by team leaders. All the functions have been categorized and separate teams have been entrusted with separate responsibility resulting a sharp and high performance rate.
The formula is aggregation of resources to single platform and provides a better service to all the stakeholders. Starting from vehicle, driver, loads, maintenance, contingency backup, financial issues and many more, everything has a single solution I.e GTL. Due to concentration of resources to a single platform, all can achieve their targets with support of a strong and reliable group of professionals and system. One can't run a house alone, how can he run a business. For running a business, a strong strategic planning and process is required and accordingly the professionals, technology and system. One can't manage all this for his 2 or 4 vehicles but when vehicles/assets are concentrated on the single platform and added to make a high volume of fleet, a strong management concept can be added for guaranteeing the profit and security of business.
GTL is working in many concepts to provide a reliable platform to its clients I.e vehicles owners, transporters and all related stakeholders. We are learning day by day and adding a valuable feature to strengthen the efficiency of this firm. I hope very soon we will be able to provide the best possible service to our clients.
All the management team leaders, supporting staffs, system and technology are under construction and soon it will be completed. This firm is equipped with driver bank, maintenance hub, integrated Logistics supplies, mobile break down utility, integrated GPS system, load inventory for high volume of dispatch and many more.
Apart from the operational efficiency, the firm is committed to ensure the human value of professionals engaged with this firm. For human resource management, a separate management team is working for ensuring the protection and development of human value.
Overall we are working in all areas of the business security to the security of human interests. We want to grow with the concept of a new generation and technology that will help us achieve our interest. Everyone has right to live. I hope you all have been understood the concept and intention behind this project.
By going through study and experiences it is noticed that due to absent of proper management of fleet by the individual/small owner, many owners can hardly manage/utilize the vehicles they own and subsequently they collapse in business. There are many more factors responsible for failure in transport business and same have been addressed in GTL Fleet management service. By aggregation of independent small fleet in a single platform to making a large fleet provide feasibility on the aspects of management issues like driver management, load management, maintenance management, fuel management, financial management, supportive logistic credit facilities i.e tyre credit, spare credit, fuel credit, and short term working capitals. All the aspects have been properly arranged and managed by bringing separate wing to handle all issues separately under single command which increase the efficiency and productivity of vehicle engaged. The purpose of fleet management in business is to ensure the work vehicles of companies are operating smoothly, are constantly seeking ways to improve performance, can keep operating costs at a minimum, and maintain compliance with government regulations.
Traditionally, this has been done manually and using hard copies. However, when the digital revolution began, wiser businesses found ways to optimize their fleet management operations with the help of computers.
Today, with the rise of software-as-a-service (SaaS) and mobile apps, industries have done away with many hardware requirements. Now, they just use subscription-based services. We will list some of them here later. Using Fleet Management we agree that it generally allows businesses using it to:
· Fleet management systems stores a record of all the vehicles our organization has engaged or leased, their specifications, details of maintenance, service and parts histories, drivers, and related compliance documents, including licenses and tax, fleet insurance, fuel transactions, and operating expenses. It reduces all involved administrative processes and makes sense of everything to do with your fleet in terms of operating costs, the overall cost of ownership, and all things about compliance and whether you are still on the legal side of things. With the systems capability to generate reports, alerts, and emails, things simply get better and faster for your organization, a thing that is not possible individually.
· Telematics software gives our company unprecedented real-time tracking of all our vehicles, making it more efficient and easier to dispatch the involved workforce as well. It enables us to determine precisely when vehicle and driver will get to their destination and how the vehicle is driven and handled by the driver.
· Integrating the functions of both software hands any organization a degree of control unheard of in the past, a way to optimally run and manage their fleet of vehicles no matter what size.
Getting to the core of managing a large number of vehicles, we easily understand the reason organizations ask what is the purpose of fleet management systems once they consider using one. Specifically, fleet management systems must be careful to address the following problems:
01. It is managed by a team of professional lead by team leaders.
02. Driver management
03. Load management.
04. Maintenance/contingency breakdown management ( cost will be beard by owner itself)
05. No leasing no rent concept
06. Vehicles run even when owners are not present
07. Payment goes to owner account directly from the transporter
08. Pay minimal management charges @4% of challan amount.
09. Short term tyre loan facility on minimal interest(only after engaging vehicle for more than six month)
10. Short term spare parts credit facility(only after engaging vehicle for more than six month)
11. Integrated discount facility (only after engaging vehicle for more than six month)
12. An efficient group of professionals always stand with owner
13. One can’t hire a doctor for a single patient but when there are more patients a hospital can be built (GTL smart fleeter work in this principle)
FOR TRANSPORTER AND DO HOLDERS
01. It makes a pool of vehicles
02. It provide easy access to a fleet of vehicles for better planning
03. It makes easy for engagement and management as vehicles run in a single platform
04. High volume of dispatch through a stable and strong arm of fleet
05. Over all a better platform for strategic planning for vehicle owner and transporters.
These features are specially designed for transportation of iron ore from tensa/koira/joda belt to Rourkela and other parts of India.
“You own trucks we help you run your trucks”
Join GTL stay relaxed.
** All the above features are based on the terms and conditions fixed by this firm and agreed by the vehicle owners @ engagement contract.**
01. Vehicles will be run with fully operational and ownership authority of original owner itself.
02. There is no lease no rent concept
03. Volume of business based on volume of load achieved (management charge @ 4% of challan amount of every load achieved)
04. During engagement Rs 5000/- ( Rupees five thousand only)will be deposited with GTL as engagement charge ( vehicles disengaging before six month will be refunded)
05. Vehicles will be engaged with drivers (if insisted, drivers will be managed by this firm). Cost of driver, route charge, and fuel charges will be beard by the vehicle owners.
06. Emergency breakdown/maintenance will be attended by this firm but the cost raised will be borne by the owner itself.
07. If owner insisted load will be managed by this firm
08. If owner insisted driver will be managed by this firm.
09. The engaged driver will be4 adhered to all traffic rules of Govt of India and violation if any will be sole responsible of driver and its owner.
10. The vehicle engaged should have up to date documents i.e insurance, tax, fitness, permit, pollution etc.
11. Payment will be directly paid to owner account by transporter (this firm is not responsible for any disputes on payment of load managed by owner)
12. Vehicles should e fit for mine operation. Vehicles will be inspected by our maintenance team prior to engagement. Only after satisfying and fulfilling the all conditions fixed by this firm, the selected vehicles will be engaged with this firm.
13. During operation of vehicles if any road traffic litigation arisen, it will be sole responsibility of owner and driver itself. This firm will only coordinate to handle the situations.
14. Drivers will be engaged with valid license
15. Driver should have compulsory insurance.
16. The copy of every challan will be deposited with GTL smart fleeter office on every load basis.
17. Operating charges will be calculated on weekly basis and accordingly the payment should be deposited to GTL in mode of cash or in account
18. The drivers and owners have to accept and adhered to all terms and conditions fixed by this firm for driver safety and better performance of vehicles.
19. The provision of driver safety and health will have to obeyed by the drivers and owners engaged with this firm.
20. The vehicles/ drivers regularly defaulting the terms and conditions will be disqualified
21. The periodical check/maintenance of vehicles will be done according to guidelines fixed by this firm
22. The short term Tyre loan facility will be provided on minimal interest rate to the vehicles engaged with this firm for more than six months.
23. If owner insisted billing of challan will be done by this firm
24. The record of performance and account will be maintained by this firm
25. The personal GPS system will be installed on every vehicles engaged with this firm for better management
26. For help on contingency, driver will directly call to control room of this firm.
27. Except accidents, all the contingency/emergencies will be day time only.
28. Load will be provided with consent of owner and if any litigation on payment arisen, that will be matter of legal issue between the owner and transporter and same will be dealt with the legal provision of Indian laws.
29. This firm will provide all operational support to the vehicles with consent and knowledge of owner.
30. Our aim to manage the operation activity of vehicles to achieve maximum profitable margin accordance to the market situation and position.
31. Frequencies of load are subject to the availability and demand of material.
32. We will try our best practice to achieve high volume of business.
33. If owner unsatisfied with our service then they can disengage their vehicle at any time.
FEATURES OF GTL LOGISTIC SMARTFLEETERS
DESCRIPTION OF OUR PRODUCT AND/OR SERVICE
1. Technology driven with data concentration with physical support system.
2. Our principle clients are vehicle owners.
3. Secondary clients are Drivers, transporter, DO holders, shippers, and other all related support system of transport like, spare parts supplier, mechanics, seller & purchaser of used vehicles, finance & insurance service and tax and other services.
4. Our main vision is to support the vehicle/fleet owner on operating prospective by providing the data and service of all secondary clients in single platform with organized form.
5. For the said work, a strong team of back office professional backed by advance technology is included with our working culture.
6. Fleet management in organized manner is very essential to optimum utilization of available asset for better return and profitability.
7. At present days most technology base service provider in logistic business are concentrating on bringing fleet and goods to a single platform. They care about the shipper and good shipped. They don’t care about the fleet owner and its operation. Effective fleet operation is very important for effective supply chain system.
8. We care about the fleet owner. We provide all required support system in single window by which fleet operator can operate his fleet effectively.
9. Some cases larger fleet operators have their fleet management system but not in organized manner. And 90% of fleets operating in markets are owned by small owner or individual operator. They don’t have access to the fleet management system so they suffer many problems on operating their fleet effectively which subsequently affect the whole supply system and also economic condition of India.
10. Economic condition of India is not good and there is many more reforms are required to be done in this field. Our vision is to provide an effective supply chain system in India so that it will help our domestic market and business.
11. Logistics play important role in progress of domestic production and market.
02. Strong leadership
Finding creative, innovative and positive team to work with. This part is very important. Money is important for get access to the technology and all other updates, but an innovative team in business is like heart and mind in human body. If heart and mind is strong enough then one can achieve any target he wishes to.
04. An interface Get way for data bank.
05. In first phase all the data on following categories will be collected manually and uploaded on website as mentioned below.
01. HELP CENTRE
02. GET LOAD
03. GET TRUCK
04. GET DRIVER
05. GET MECHANICS
06. GET ROAD MASTER
07. NEW & USED VEHICLES
10. BODY BUIDING
12. TAX & OTHER SERVICES
06. Data will be collected manually by visiting the places and by other mode.
07. Main sources of our data collection will be by card/pamphlets distribution to the drivers at c/posts, toll plaza and parking area. During card distribution, mobile number of drivers will be collected and follow up call will be made from the office by trained professionals. They will convey the concept of fleet management to the drivers and also collected the contact of their owner. Receiving owners contact, follow up call will be made to the owners and concept of fleet management will be conveyed briefly to them. This process will be continued. Also after receiving contacts, concept of fleet management will be circulated in the mode of messages and videos through text, whatsapp, face book and other mode.
08. Data will be synchronized in GTL website for their utilization.
09. A toll free no will be introduced for 24 hrs service for all India service.
10. Initially the above process will be done manually and in later stage, classified software will be used for the data collection by which all the clients and stake holders can upload their data on GTL website online.
11. During initial stage Transporter will inform by phone to GTL for entering his load availability daily basis.
12. Drivers and owners will enter/inform their availability of vehicle by phone with providing the details of vehicles and routes they choose to go.
13. A toll free no will be introduced for 24 hrs service.
14. Driver will call to GTL for load. After receiving enquiry GTL will confirm the availability of load with transporter and after confirmation, GTL will send confirmation DO to driver with text message. After receiving DO message driver will proceed to receive DO from transporter and further go for load.
15. All the details of load and others will be recorded at GTL data system and summery will be made for every 24 hrs.
16. Driver will deposit the smart dispatch fee at transporter and transporter will deposit fees to GTL account on daily basis.
17. For the said purpose 02 land line/mobile number will be provided for receiving and dispatching of vehicles.
18. C/room will be operated for 24 hrs and operation staff will be available for execution of above said work.
19. Summary of dispatch and accounting will be presented to office head daily basis and same will be filed and stored for record in the form of hard copy.
20. Team head will monitor all the activity and he will discuss with the director for any shortcoming or improvements matters.
21. This process will be improved with addition of technology in phase wise. The same will be acknowledged to all stake holders. Instructions and training will be given to all stake holders about the changing on working system.
22. Separate team leader will handle the in every category and they will make their strategy for providing effective services to clients.
23. In next stage the concept on maintenance support will be added to in GTL service. For the same all required arrangements will be done as mentioned in GTL en-route maintenance support system. Data of all available service system in all selected routes will be collected and organized. The service contact and contract will be done in phase wise. The GTL road master concept will be introduced in phase wise. For the same service hub with vehicle will be contracted.
24. In next stage short term credit system will be introduced in GTL. For the same all required workout will be done. The available investor and financiers will be taken in account on phase manner.
25. In next stage the shop portal will be introduced in GTL in which category wise goods and services will be available for sale and purchase. For this a separate team will be formed and entrusted with strategy, responsibility and target.
26. Initial strategy will be to provide the service free for some period. Once the benefit of service is habituated, small charges will be introduced phase wise.
27. Our business model is to help others business to grow. If they grow we will grow with them.
28. Our vision is customer first, employee second and investor third. If customer happy then he will pay. If we paid then employee will be happy. If employee happy, he will work hard and if employee works hard then company will progress. If company progress then investor will get better return. This is the priority sequence of GTL smart fleeter.
PROPOSED TARGET MARKET
1. Initially our target market is iron ore dispatch from Odisha where every day 15000 loads are dispatched different part of India.
2. In 2nd phase the service will be expanded to other bulk mining and industrial supplies located in odisha. (steel product, coal, port dispatch and other) (10,000 loads daily)
3. In 3rd phase our target will be other common transport in Rourkela and all over Odisha. (5,000 loads daily)
(Our targets will be to cover the 33% of loads in first year i.e 10000 loads)
4. In next stage service will be extended to all India phase wise.
OUR COMPETITION AND WHAT DIFFERENTIATES OUR BUSINESS
In the operational prospective there is no other player are operating in India. Yes all the present service providers are concentrating on load and fleet availability. We are different from other our main service is to help fleet owner on hassle free and effective operation of fleet for better return.
1. Technology driven with data concentration with physical support system.
2. Our principle clients are vehicle owners.
3. Secondary clients are Drivers, transporter, DO holders, shippers, and other and other all related support system of transport like, spare parts supplier, mechanics, seller & purchaser of used vehicles, finance & insurance service and tax and other services.
4. Our main vision is to support the vehicle/fleet owner on operating prospective for by providing the data and service of all secondary clients in single platform with organized form.
5. For the same a strong team of back office professional backed by advance technology available.
6. Fleet management in organized manner is very essential to optimum utilization the available asset for better return and profitability.
7. At present days most technology base service provider in logistic business are concentrating on bringing fleet and goods to a single plat form. They care about the shipper and good shipped. They don’t care about the fleet owner and its operation. Effective fleet operation is very important to effective supply chain system.
8. We care about the fleet owner. We provide all required support system in single window by which fleet operator can operate his fleet effectively.
9. Some cases larger fleet operator has their fleet management system but not in organized manner. And 90% of fleets operating in markets are owned by small owner or individual operator. They don’t have access to the fleet management system so they suffer many problems on operating their fleet effectively which subsequently affect the whole supply system and also economic condition of India.
10. Economic condition of India is not good and there is many more reforms are required to be done in this field. Our vision is to provide a effective supply chain system in India so that it will help our domestic market and business.
11. Logistics play important role in progress of domestic production and market.
MANAGEMENT TEAM AND THEIR PRIOR EXPERIENCE
Our management team is vision, mission and value driven. We don’t rely on experience but we believe in learning according to the demand of time. Team is creative, innovative and energetic to meet the challenges in the field.
1. Company mission statement
“Fleet management in organizations is expensive. Vehicles are valuable assets and critical for business continuity. They therefore require adequate attention”
2. Company philosophy and vision
Our priority is customer first, employee second and investor third. Company in not a technology driven rather then it has a vision to help the small and medium business owner for better management of their assets they own subsequently which will add a quality and efficient contribution toward the economy development of India. Our business model base on solving the problems faced by logistic industries. Most of service providers are concentrating on goods and customer but they forget the issue of core player the vehicle, its owners and drivers. They are the base and foundation of whole supply chain system. Without empowering them or solving the problems they faces, it is not possible to achieve our target to make the world class supply chain system. And supply chain plays vital role on progress of any nation. We will extend our services to whole India with our core principle of helping small business.
3. Company goals
Our goal is to form an effective techno based management platform to serve the small and medium fleet owners. We are operating as pilot project in transportation of Iron ore from odisha to different part of India. Service will be extended phase wise to other bulk entities like coal and cement and other general transport to other part of India. We will phase wise (5 year plan) establish our service chain at all service routes in India.
4. Target market
5. Initially our target market is iron ore dispatch from Odisha where every day 15000 loads are dispatched different part of India.
6. In 2nd phase the service will be expanded to other bulk mining and industrial supplies located in odisha. (steel product, coal, port dispatch and other) (10,000 loads daily)
7. In 3rd phase our target will be other common transport in Rourkela and all over Odisha. (5,000 loads daily)
(Our targets will be to cover the 33% of loads in first year i.e 10000 loads)
8. In next stage service will be extended to all India phase wise.
Our business is plan based on problem solving concept. At present, the supply chain system in India is very poor compared to other developing/developed countries. There are many more reforms required to bring in the state of effective service. Most of service provider whether it conventional or techno based, all aiming towards the problems of shipper and receiver. Nobody care about the carrier. Its big industries and most of service provider know the fact but it’s very critical work and they don’t want to mess with the operational problems. I have been in transport business as a fleet owner and I know the pain as a fleet owner. Fleet owners are very sensitive part of supply chain and they go through a very critical condition without the help of technology and effective management. It’s very pathetic. We want to solve the core issues. We are committed to provide all the existing services which other service provider are offering but apart from that we will be standing with the owner and driver to strengthen and empower them. There is nothing short term plan. Our vision is long term and there are so much room available for grow as we have to go long way to meet the developed country.
10. Legal structure
This company has been formed as OPC (one Person Company) and very shortly it will be converted in to the private Ltd Company. OPC was applied as pilot project. As we grow we will changes to other forms as it suited.
COMPANY DESCRIPTION WORKSHEET
GTL LOGISTIS SMARTFLEET
Company Mission Statement
Mission of GTL is to solve the problems facing by the small and medium business owners in transport/logistics industries.
1. Customer first, employee second and investor third.
2. Money is important in business but vision, mission and value is heart of business.
Vision of GTL is to help the small and medium business owner in transport and logistics business.
Goals & Milestones
1. Establishing a committed team of leaders to execute the target fixed
2. GTL is committed to provide access to all customers a well managed technology supported platform for better management of their business.
3. To expand our service to all India covering all segment of logistic industries within next 5 years.
Initially our target market is iron ore dispatch from Odisha where every day 15000 loads are dispatched different part of India.
1. Conventional transporter
2. Techno based logistic provider i.e BLACKBUCK, FREIGHT ……
3. LOGISTICS, like DHL, BLUE DIRT,……..
OPC (one person company)
In later stage company will be converted into Pvt. Ltd Company
1. Company’s products and/or services:
We provide fleet management service i.e over all activities in operation of fleet. We provide unified single window services on following
24 HRS HELP CENTRE
ROAD MASTER(remote en route maintenance service)
TYRE AND SPARE CREDIT FACILITIES
NEW & USED VEHICLES
TAX & OTHER SERVICES
2. The problem the product or service solves:
In simple language the fleet runs on the road alone. The service provider care about their goods and customer but we care about the vehicle, owner, driver along with the goods and customer. Without solving the problems faced by the owner and drovers it is not possible to satisfy the shipper and receiver. We have to salve the core issues. Our concept is unique. It may be other will follow us but the target if very large and there is much rooms in this field. We want to grow with others. If our clients grow then we will grow with them. And it is fact that the solution we are offering will not be possible to solve by owner itself. They require a partner like GTL smart fleeter.
3. How you will price your product or service:
It’s very important and our mission and vision is to increase the productivity of assets owner. If get more revenue by the help of our service then he will pay some part of his increments. The service charger applied/ calculated on basis of performance. It’s granted; we are charging less than then the other market compotators @ 5% of challan value and our service will help them generate more revenue compared to the present condition.
GTL LOGISTICS SMART FLEETER
Product/ Service Idea
Fleet management ( provide operational support to the fleet operator with effective management platform and technology)
It will help in smooth functioning of all operational process which subsequently increases the revenue for fleet owner.
services We provide
24 HRS HELP CENTRE
ROAD MASTER(remote en route maintenance service)
TYRE AND SPARE CREDIT FACILITIES
NEW & USED VEHICLES
TAX & OTHER SERVICES
Limits and Liabilities
Production and Delivery
Intellectual Property Special Permits
IV. Instructions: Marketing Plan
The concept of GTL LOGISTCS SMART FLEETER is not to sale product of service for our profit. Our business model is to improve the productivity which will help all stake holders’ i.e fleet owner, driver, shipper, and receiver for better service experience. It will increase the efficiency which will subsequently help the economy of India. There will direct or indirect many jobs can be created. Drivers run alone on the road, we have to be with them on their journey. We have to be with fleet owner during his tough time. Helping each other will make us more safe and secure. It will bring smile on many faces, Many families. We want happy India.
Our targets to reach all the fleet owner of India for support them and make their business secure and profitable. We will extend our services in all over India and our GOAL is to be a unique and unified fleet management service provider in India.
We have been in transport business since long and during this period we have personally feel the requirement of a third party fleet management. We know all business require management but in the case of transport business the management concept is very less. Market is very large but in unorganized condition. Even today transport business in India considered very risky and the people involve there are less educated which directly affect on its productivity.
We have market research and we are promoting our concept via different mode, online, print media direct interaction. Data on fleet management are being collected manually and online. We are receiving positive response from the market. We are organizing the aspect of all data and support system to our portfolio and further techno based systems are included for better result.
We are approaching to all stake holders and conveying them personally about the concept of GTL smart fleeter.
Market is very large and we tend to extent our service to pan India in phase wise. Today is digital era and transport and logistics need to change working culture according to present demand. We need to update our operating system to increase the efficiency of our supply chain system. Logistic system plays important role in economy. We lose considerable revenue on supply due to inefficient supply chain system. We have to increase our productivity by adding new technology and management systems.
In fact, there in nothing any barrier to enter in this service. Any individual or company can enter in this field. Yes different is how you think about the problems around you and how you want to solve them. Your approach towards your working culture makes difference. Its service and if you can satisfy your customer by your service then it’s your opportunity. There are many more challenges. But we accept it that where there is challenge there is opportunity to do thing different way. That’s entrepreneurship.
Present days we have well qualified people available to execute the work you want to do. But there is very less people available for think different way. Education is important but creativity and innovative education is more productive.
There threat will always be with us. It’s never end. We have to learn and update our strategy according to the demand of time. May be tomorrow some better technology come to surpass you but we have to learn day by day and improve and update ourselves. Economy of India needs to be supported by new technology. It is time of digitalization.90% of trucking industry even today operated in old conventional way. And most of fleets are operated by individual or small owners it is in fragmented condition which affects its performance in economy prospective. This industry is mostly neglected and we lose most of revenue on poor class supply chain system.
Use the SWOT Analysis Worksheet on the next page to identify your company’s weaknesses and potential threats, as well as its strengths and the potential opportunities you plan to exploit.
Product/ Service Offering
Its fragmented market and need to be organized foe better management and productivity
People involve are less educated. It will be difficult to bring them to our network
Since, the economy of India is growing as demand will also grow. To meet the demand a efficient supply chain is required.
Competitor in market. Many more will come but success lies on who solve the problems first.
This market needed to be branded
There is many more opportunity available in this field
Its important. We care about the human value. So our working culture change the things from our competitor
We need more creative and innovative people as we don’t have experience.
In India more and more people are graduated from very reputed universities and they needed to be join with us
People will tray themselves. But its not about the education but its vision, mission and value make us different.
we will find some investor and. It’s not production unit its service. Our investors are our customer.
We don’t have finance. We have our dream and vision.
There is opportunity as many investor are investing and Govt. also encouraging the startups
Our internal structure.
We have strong motivated and dedicated team leaders.
Need to keep together the smart people. A smart leadership
We are working on this issue since the initial stage. Our main vision is to bring smart people under single roof and ensure they work together.
Market is very large and it will grow more.
Great opportunity to work in this field
Can any of your strengths help with improving your weaknesses or combating your threats? If so, please describe how below.
Based on the information above, what are your immediate goals/next steps?
Based on the information above, what are your long-term goals/next steps?
Describe all of your products or services, being sure to focus on the customer’s point of view. For each product or service:
· Describe the most important features. What is special about it?
· Describe the most important benefits. What does it do for the customer?
In this section, explain any after-sale services you plan to provide, such as:
· Product delivery
· Service contracts
· Ongoing support
· Refund policy
Describe your target customer. (This is also known as the ideal customer or buyer persona.)
You may have more than one target customer group. For instance, if you sell a product to consumers through distributors, such as retailers, you have at least two kinds of target customers: the distributors (businesses) and the end users (consumers).
Identify your target customer groups, and create a demographic profile for each group that includes:
· Education level
· Stage in business (startup, growing, mature)
· Annual sales
One of the biggest mistakes you can make in a business plan is to claim you have “no competition.” Every business has competitors. Your plan must show that you’ve identified yours and understand how to differentiate your business. This section should:
List key companies that compete with you (including names and locations), products that compete with yours and/or services that compete with yours. Do they compete across the board, or just for specific products, for certain customers or in certain geographic areas?
Also include indirect competitors. For instance, if you’re opening a restaurant that relies on consumers’ discretionary spending, then bars and nightclubs are indirect competitors.
Use the Competitor Data Collection Plan on the next page to brainstorm ways you can collect information about competitors in each category.
Once you’ve identified your major competitors, use the Competitive Analysis Worksheet on the next page to compare your business to theirs.
Now that you’ve assessed your industry, product/service, customers and competition, you should have a clear understanding of your business’s niche (your unique segment of the market) as well as your positioning (how you want to present your company to customers). Explain these in a short paragraph.
In this section, explain the marketing and advertising tactics you plan to use.
Advertising may include:
· Cable television
Which media will you advertise in, why and how often?
Marketing may include:
· Business website
· Social media marketing
· Email marketing
· Mobile marketing
· Search engine optimization
· Content marketing
· Print marketing materials (brochures, flyers, business cards)
· Public relations
· Trade shows
What image do you want to project for your business brand?
What design elements will you use to market your business? (This includes your logo, signage and interior design.) Explain how they’ll support your brand.
How much do you plan to spend on the marketing and advertising outreach above:
· Before startup (These numbers will go into your startup budget)
· On an ongoing basis (These numbers will go into your operating plan budget)
Use the Marketing Expenses Strategy Chart on the next page to help figure out the cost of reaching different target markets.
Target Market 1
Target Market 2
Target Market 3
There are so many scopes in fleet management concept in present market situation. In view of fleet owner, it is very necessary to handle the available fleet/assets to achieve the 100% uses for better return and stability of business. In Indian market, demand and availability of logistics are not channeled properly and because of that the uses of available assets are not been achieved as per its demand. Subsequently it affects both the transporter and owner in term of financial loses. Since the vehicles are financed by the banks and other non banking financiers, it is necessary to maintain the repayment of loan in time. Financial loses directly effect on EMIs, maintenance and other operational related issues of vehicles which subsequently decrease the efficiency of vehicles. Apart from that, due to low margin and high competition, vehicle under performing are more chances to collapse if issues are not managed properly. It is also not feasible to afford the cost and system required for cover all security measures for small owners. By clustering the vehicle to single platform its convert the small fleet into large fleet into a single command and its makes it feasible for providing all aspect of security features which covered in a single fleet management service. In present scenario branding is more important to expose for higher value. By aggregating the small fleets in to a larger fleet it can be branded in to larger entity for higher value. For example OYO Hotels, there are concepts of aggregation of properties into a single platform for better marketing. The OYO usages his platform to manage business in single name which subsequently give brand name to under standard small non branded hotels. This is the new concept and also it rein the other related service provider to its net for giving them the platform on hotel business. Concept of unified fleet management if based on this formula.
CEO & DIRECTORS
manager adm and HRD
Manager Mining & load
Corporate office- Civil Township Rourkela
Operational office- panposh Rourkela
Operational office- Lahunipara
Operational office- Tensa
CEO/Acquisition and maintenance
And other operational staff in ratio of 5:1 of vehicle: staff.
Ø This firm have 01 brake down recovery utility truck for every 50 km distance (covers 25 km each side). At present 03 road master utility van have been deployed
Ø We have contact /contract of all available mechanics en route in which we are operating.
Ø We have contact / contract of all available part supplier en route in which we are operating.
Ø We have contact/ contract of all available Tyre supplier en route in which we are operating.
Ø We have contact/ contract of 1000 drivers from different locations for engagement.
Ø We have contact/ contract of all available accidental recovery cranes and other support.
Ø We have contact/ contract of all transporters/ DO holders/ Lease Holders for managing loads.
Ø All the vehicles engaged have been equipped with personal GPS system of GTL and our operational staff monitoring the movement 24hrs.
Ø This firm have control rooms for call on any emergency.
Ø Our team reacted/ reach within 2 hrs to any spot of emergency.
Ø We have separate maintenance team to monitor the preventive and periodical maintenance of vehicles.
Ø We properly manage the driver engaged with this firm for safety and efficient operation of vehicles and drivers itself.
Ø Our teams make strategic planning for efficient operation of vehicles.
Ø All the separate field of operations are handled by separate teams making more efficient and reliable operation of fleet.
Ø It provides a strong fleet of vehicles for making strategic planning for high volume of dispatch in time.
· Each office will be headed by the manager and the supporting staff for their respective assignments.
· As we grow, it will be require efficient professionals with knowledge and experience. For this it has been planned to hire such professionals in phase wise.
· Field office 1 Operational activity will be controlled by field office-1 located at panposh, Rourkela. This office will be responsible for all records on load, accounting, challan, billing etc. The human management, i.e driver safety, training, welfare, and human development will be managed by this office.this office will have a 24 hrs control room for contingency call. This office will monitor movement of all engaged vehicles through GPS and performance record will be maintained with all reasons. During any contingency this office will refer the matter to field office 2 for further compliance. This office ensures and monitors all compliance on operation.
· Field office 2 all the en-route maintenance will be managed by this office and will be headed by maintenance manager. This office will be equipped with 03 road master utility maintenance vans located three locations i.e Rourkela, Lahunipara and Tensa each. This office coordinates all maintenance activity and keeps data of all available resources en route for coordinate at any contingency call. The road master will be available for 24 hrs and will attend any contingency calls received by control room. The maintenance manager will coordinate all kind of spare credit and maintain the record. Further all the record may be sent to field office 1 for further disposals. This office keep the data of mechanics, spare dealers, tyre dealers, crane operators, police liaising etc. During any contingency this office will handle the situations by utilizing available data and resources. This office report to operation director for every activity.
· Field office 3 This office is responsible for all load activity headed by mining manger. This office will coordinate with different transporters, DO Holders, Lease Holders for achieve maximum load for vehicles attached to this firm. This office will manage all vehicle movement for load and maintain the load data day by day.
This office report to director operation for every activity and also coordinates with field office 1 for disposal of all data.
03. OWNER DATA
04. DRIVER DATA
05. MECHANIC BANK
06. LOGISTIC DATA
07. TRANSPORTER DETAILS
08. DO HOLDERS DETAILS
09. LEASE HOLDER DETAILS
GPS- all the vehicles attached with this firm will be fitted with GPS system of this firm and will be monitored by a control room for tracking the movement of vehicles.
Technology- technology is the main aspects of fleet management. All the operational activity, planning, monitoring and expansion will be achieved by the suitable technology available in market.
Owners Data-owners data will be collected by different means i.e through electronic media, advertising and others. They will be conveyed through different means.
Driver Data- data of drivers will be collected and recorded by different means through card distribution, messaging, olx, and phone calls. They will be conveyed about the measures fixed by GTL for driver safety and welfare. (a separate human resource development chartered will be prepared by the HRD department for personal engaged with this firm). The data of at least 1000 drivers will be recorded with phone numbers and personal details for contact when required.
Mechanic Hub for making a maintenance chain a mechanic hub will be created. The data of all available mechanics of a particular route will be collected and recorded. They will be personally contacted and conveyed about the concept of GTL fleet management and attached with this firm by formal contract.
Logistic Data Bank- the data of all logistic suppliers i.e spare, tyre, and other will be collected and maintained with all personal details. The supplier will be attached with this for through formal contract for supply of logistics. A proper contract guideline will be prepared by the adm branch and coordinate with all stake holders.
Transporter Details. All the reputed transporters of iron ore dispatcher at tensa have been attached with this for better and high volume of dispatch. It is a better platform for transporter as due to availability of fixed volume of fleet, transporter can plan for their target.
DO Holders Details all the DO holders at Tensa/Koira are contract with this firm for meet their target of dispatch.
Lease Holder Details all the lease holders at Tensa/Koira are contract with this firm for meet their target of dispatch.
Private Financier working capital plays a vital role in any business and in absent of adequate working capital many business collapsed. There are many more examples available in market, JET Airways, Kingfisher, even some private banks. Considering the above reason this firm has contract with some private financiers for availing working capital needed. The vehicles/owner attached with this firm will be provided short term working capital on minimal interest rate.
01. Aggregation of assets -The initial strategy as all about is to aggregate the individual/small owner into a single platform to making a large fleet. By this process we will be able to create a large fleet unit so that it can be branded for expose and manage in a particular standard. It will provide the small owner a sustainable platform for manage their assets for maximum utilisation and high return. The size and standard matter in any business. Aggregation of asset is good idea to increase virtual size without extra investment. No one would invest without guarantying the stability in business. So converting in to a virtual large size the small owners able to expose themselves a real large size of assets which consequently transform their image to a secure position. From our prospect of strategy it will be good for making a large size of fleet without investing in acquisition. Because there are so many assets available in market which could not be used/utilised due to absent of proper managements. So in start-up, it will be advantage for us to aggregate the small fleet to making a large one for our concept. In this concept we will charge a minimal management charges i.e some 4% of challan amount or the 4% of capital it generate.
02. Leasing or hiring – when the GTL is able to place it in market for sustainable business, In second stage, our plan is to lease or hire the assets for our expansion. Cause in aggregation of asset we have little control over the asset engaged with us and its make our strategy limited in term of business expansion. Leasing and hiring concept will allow us to partially control on assets for a particular time frame which consequently allow us to make expansion strategy for any particular time and also it will give us some more room for profit.
03. Full ownership of assets- overall our business models is maximum utilisation of assets available in market or in other term with us. Our main aim to manage the assets engaged with us for better performance and high return for stability in business. Above mentioned two stage of acquisition have been designed on consideration of risk factors. Since in initial stage it’s in just inception state of our concept of fleet management we don’t want to take any risk which would take us to total closer if we failed. Concept is in
experimental state and it will take time to convert itself into a sustainable guaranteed platform. So we are not going to invest on full acquisition of assets for our business, in other hand we will bring some under grade less used assets to our firm for experiment of our concept. Once the things worked properly and we able to transform our idea/concept into a reality business platform, we will be work on profitability. The margins of profit are different in all three state of acquisition process and risk factors are also different. Less the risks less the profit and higher the risk higher the return. Hence in third stage we will go for full ownership concept and the assets will be acquired by 100% ownership.
Funding is a vital aspect of business. Development of system and technology is essential for expansion of any business. Initially we have started with limited resources and in low frequency. There are planning for scaling of business for that a reasonable amount of fund will be required. In initial stage, we will invite some private non banking financers for that purpose with a fixed % of return and further some professional funding institutions will be approached with provision of share on company ownership. The strategies have already been designed for the same and the feasibility of scopes are being studied accordingly.
A vehicle policy will provide specific guidelines for the management and use of vehicles and other mobile assets. Policies are designed to facilitate and encourage accountability, monitoring of usage and costs, provide internal control and to serve as a management tool for better decision
A basic vehicle policy would have the following inclusions amongst others:
· planning, approval and budget process
· approved types for vehicles
· ordering of vehicles process
· assignment of vehicles
· personal use of vehicles by staff
· management of vehicles:
· control of fuel, maintenance/repairs of vehicles
· vehicle insurance scheme
· vehicle replacement
· sale of vehicles
· guidelines for drivers:
· assignment of Motorcycles
In an emergency situation, and especially in a rapid onset one, the Logistician may seek management authorisation to activate approved emergency processes and procedures. These provide guidance on the use of vehicles. They focus more on the operational aspects. Such a policy could include the following:
· assignment of Vehicles
· personal use of vehicles by staff
· management of vehicles:
· control of fuel
· maintenance/repairs of vehicles
· vehicle insurance scheme
· vehicle replacement
· guidelines for drivers:
· assignment of motorcycles
· Identifying needs
· Acquisition Process
· Vehicle leasing (Internal & external)
· Vehicle Management
· Fleet management systems
· Vehicle maintenance and up-keep
· Vehicle usage
· Vehicle disposal
· Health, Safety & Security
· Complying with Legislature and security requirements
Identification of fleet needs is dependent on the nature of emergency and operations, and the size and area of operation - urban operations could utilise smaller saloon cars whereas remote field operation may require larger four-wheel drive vehicles for extreme terrain. Vehicle selection criteria are guided by:
· donor criteria applicable to the purchase;
· uniformity of fleet;
· the appropriate vehicle type for local fuel availability;
· the purpose of the vehicle (cargo or passenger);
· the terrain in which the vehicle will operate;
· global acquisition cost;
· availability of local dealers;
· local availability of spare parts for the intended vehicle;
· warranties; and
· Local availability of competent mechanics.
Depending on the level of emergency the criteria may vary.
· The general criteria for selection of a vehicle should be in conformity with the standard recommended vehicles.
· The standard tender process is adopted for vehicles, as for all other goods and services, bulk items and items bought on a regular basis. In some cases, the process may result in outsourcing of some aspects of the vehicle management or leasing of vehicles (See Procurement topic).
· For small daily purchases such as spark plugs, filters etc, petty cash/float may be used by the fleet manager.
Careful consideration should be given to the form of insurance selected for the vehicles belonging to the organisation. The minimum legal requirements must always be complied with; this is usually at least third party cover.
To ensure compliance with the vehicle insurance requirements, all personnel using operation vehicles under the responsibility of the organisation must be fully conversant with accident and incident reporting procedures for vehicles and personal injury.
Personnel requirements: the insurance cover for personnel will depend on the type of policy the organisation takes to cover its vehicles: third party, third party fire and theft, comprehensive or liability insurance.
Rent or outsource: insurance coverage for leased or outsourced vehicles will be dependent upon what the organisation negotiates with the service provider. The organisation will either adopt the service providers insurance as-is or adopt it with amendments. An alternative is to completely outsource the fleet management, but again the type of insurance will be dependent upon what is negotiated with the service provider.
“A vehicle or asset lease is a contract by which one party lets vehicles or assets to another party for a specified period of time”.
“A lease is a written agreement by which one party agrees to let another party have the use of specified assets for a period of time for a fixed amount of money”.
In an external leasing option, the ownership could:
· remain with the leasing company or entity, but the rights for use are passed on to the lessee for the period of the lease;
· in other cases, at the expiry of the lease, the ownership is transferred to the lessee; and
· The ownership remains with the lessee, but management of some aspects such as maintenance, could remain with the leasing company depending on negotiations.
However internal leasing is different. The organisation itself owns the vehicles which are centrally managed and issued to programs on a cost recovery basis. Organisations therefore budget for leasing costs only.
· Lease agreement is drawn up between the organization and the leasing company clearly specifying the terms of agreement.
· In some cases the lessee may pay a monthly bill irrespective of mileage covered or a fixed amount with additional costs per kilometre outside of a specified range.
· Depending on nature of agreement the lessor may be responsible for:
· repair and maintenance at agreed intervals;
· In some cases the vehicle may come with a driver.
· The lessee is responsible for:
· provision of competent drivers;
· monthly payment; and
· Managing routing of vehicle.
· The lessee’s drivers will be responsible for good driving.
The contents of the agreement will depend largely on the negotiating power of the lessee.
· Routine repair or maintenance costs are built into leasing costs.
· No overheads in garage set-up and maintenance.
· No high initial purchase items in lessee’s books.
· The lessor bears most of the risk.
· The organisation is able to focus on core business.
The nature of the contract is dependent on the ownership status which could be:
· an external company is contracted to supply and manage the vehicles;
· an external company supplies the vehicles but the management remains with the organisation; and
· The vehicles are owned by the organisation and an external company undertakes the management of the fleet.
The preferred options are dependent on the organisations approved procurement or sourcing policies and operational needs. Contracting, sourcing and leasing are done in strict adherence with the organisations approved procurement policy. (See Agreement for leased transport fleet sample and refer also to the Procurement section)
In emergency situations outsourcing and external leasing are common practices. In a rapid on-set emergency, it takes time to ship-in or purchase vehicles for use in the response. Organisations are sometimes left with the option of outsourcing or leasing vehicles or trucks from the local market. In the initial days of the emergency, this can prove to be an expensive option. In emergency situations, there are usually very many organisations and very few assets. The high demand may cause price increases.
The location of the vehicle management function within organizations’ structures varies from organisation to organisation. The management may be located within administration, transport function or have an independent fleet manager. For the purpose of the Logistics Operations Guide the manager will be referred to as the fleet manager (FM).
Vehicles are expensive but critical to an organisations' operation. They facilitate the movement of personnel and the delivery of relief supplies to beneficiaries. Vehicle management is also one of the aspects of supply management that can be easily abused if not properly managed. If properly managed this aspect would ensure:
· availability of vehicles as and when required;
· cost efficiency;
· programme or response continuity;
· staff safety;
· safety on the roads;
· vehicle safety;
· vehicle security; and
· Performance management.
To achieve the above, some of the measures taken by the FM are:
· every vehicle carries a logbook;
· logbooks are checked on a weekly basis;
· Vehicles are logged out and signed for before every trip. A vehicle allocation chart is recommended;
· the driver records all fuel and maintenance costs in the log book or fuel request and purchase voucher, indicating the reading on the odometer at the time of the expense;
· Fuel can be purchased from a central petrol station and a receipt issued. Where there is no appointed petrol station, the vehicle fuel request form is completed and approved before funds are released for fuelling. Should the driver have to purchase fuel from their own funds or petty cash, the amount spent on the purchase will be reimbursed;
· all vehicle keys are surrendered at the end of the day;
· drivers adhere to the carrying capacity as provided by the traffic law;
· No unauthorized staff members are allowed to drive the organizations vehicles. Vehicles will be assigned at the discretion of the approving officer; and
· All new staff (those who have a driving license but have not driven for a specified period), will not be allowed to drive the organisation's vehicles unless accompanied by a qualified driver or have been re-tested by the registered automobile association and authorized to drive.
In recent times, to address problems in fleet management and the ever expanding need to monitor usage of vehicles, commercial organisations have designed automated control systems and other approaches to vehicle management. Simple management systems can be designed in-house for internal use to provide a good analysis of the vehicles and driver performance.
Vehicle management systems are structured in a way that enables the capturing of information on various aspects of fleet usage, maintenance and operations. For example:
· distances travelled;
· destinations reached;
· distance travelled by vehicle showing official and private mileage;
· fuel consumption;
· repair and maintenance per vehicle;
· rate of consumption of spare parts; and
· Servicing planned and completed.
The reports can be produced on a weekly, monthly or bi-monthly basis, depending on the needs of the organisation. Weekly reports may comprise a summary weekly refuelling by vehicle – which may highlight any exceptions to targets set per vehicle, whereas monthly reports may comprise:
· summary refuelling by vehicle and average fuel consumption;
· summary mileage per vehicle;
· repairs or maintenance; and
· Any accidents.
Vehicles are regularly maintained for optimum performance, and kept in good repair. In emergency situations the Logistician is sometimes tasked with the responsibility of managing the vehicle fleet. To streamline vehicle management the FM should put in place a simple process. Such a process could entail the following:
There are three main options;
1. "In house maintenance" – performed using the facilities and staff of the organisation.
2. "Outsourced maintenance" – under taken by an outside contractor.
3. "Contract hire" - undertaken by an outside contractor as part of a vehicle operating system.
It will be necessary to review the operational requirements and match the most suitable form of maintenance to the individual operation.
Whichever mix is selected, it must be preventative and must be under the control of a competent manager; if it is not, the condition of the vehicles may quickly decline and running costs may increase.
Ø Whichever maintenance options is followed, vehicle maintenance schedules must be drawn up together with, and published by the FM as part of the vehicle planning.
Ø All members of the management team must make a commitment to respecting the scheduled dates for maintenance.
Ø A master vehicle inspection and servicing schedule should be drawn up for one year – a wall chart is recommended. This chart can also be used to show road tax renewal, annual inspection dates, etc.
Ø Vehicle servicing is a compromise between inadequate attention, resulting in progressive deterioration in condition and the ensuing serious consequences, and too much attention, which is costly and unnecessary.
Ø The person responsible for the condition of the vehicles must decide the scope of the servicing work required and how often this should be carried out; taking into account the manufacturer’s guidelines and kilometers traveled and in which type of environment the vehicle has been used.
Ø This is done on a ongoing basis. This type of maintenance addresses the basic things that could cause a problem in vehicles if they are not properly maintained. The Logistician or FM develops an inspection check-list to be used by all drivers as a guide.
Ø Each day, the first driver to use a vehicle will inspect the vehicle using the check-list.
This type of maintenance is done on a monthly basis. It may cover the following:
· the vehicle supervisor should periodically organise a test drive each vehicle and report on its condition and also ensure that normal/regular service has been done for all vehicles;
· tyres: any abnormal wearing should be reported to the FM; and
· Cleaning of the engine at least once a month.
In emergency situations, in the absence of local facilities, the organisation would have to undertake its own maintenance and ensure that:
· an experienced mechanic is hired;
· a secure workshop area is identified or set up;
· the necessary tool and equipment are available;
· there is continuous performance monitoring and a system for measuring & monitoring:
· fleet performance;
· Costs and performance.
Based on the organization's needs, the criteria for selection of the right garage are set with the input of the Logistics officer and the FM, keeping in mind the organisations approved procurement procedures. For example the minimum requirements may include:
· number of qualified technical staff and details of qualifications;
· list of minimum equipment;
· services offered;
· credit facilities;
· satisfactory References;
· financial stability;
· repair/service costs;
· spare parts available;
Basic spare parts in a workshop
Should the organisation decide to manage its vehicle maintenance in-house, certain fast moving spares are recommended for stocking. This reduces vehicle down-time.
The number of vehicles owned by the organisation will determine the purchase of these parts and equipment.
Vehicle maintenance summary: whoever maintains the vehicles must make a detailed written servicing record report, listing the work done, parts and fluids used and costs incurred on each job. The FM must keep this on the individual vehicle file.
· Workshop job cards: when the written order is received, the workshop raises a workshop ‘job card’ for each vehicle entering for inspection, service or defect rectification. Work should not be carried out without a job card; each card should include the following information:
· details of all work required to be carried out;
· actual work carried out;
· name of staff and hours worked;
· details of spare parts and materials used; and
· Space for the cost of the work. Once all relevant information has been taken from the job cards they should then be filed with the vehicle files.
· Vehicle Files and documentation: general vehicle correspondence files should be maintained for each vehicle. This file should contain the following documents to facilitate tracking of expenditure and maintenance:
· copies of purchase request;
· copy of internal service request;
· copy of local purchase order;
· all important documentations (bill of lading, etc);
· insurance papers;
· copies of all repair bills;
· job order;
· accident report; and
· Fuel log-in sheets.
This aspect of vehicle management is very sensitive and is often abused. It is therefore necessary to have a clearly defined policy regarding vehicle usage and staff benefits. Understandably, most organisations do not have the capacity to assign a driver for each vehicle that they own. Under these circumstances, after testing, staff may be authorised to self drive. The vehicles would in most cases be pooled and rotated based on needs, except where a specific donor requirement conditions ties a vehicle to a specific project. For practical reasons, light vehicles are utilised for office operations and within urban settings and heavy vehicles for field based operations.
Running old vehicles may lead to high costs of maintenance and uneconomical fuel consumption. To avoid this, organisations should have approved and clearly stipulated policies and procedures on how and when to replace and dispose of vehicles/assets (See sample on Disposal of Assets policy). The need to dispose may arise due to any of the following reasons:
· as a result of extensive unrepairable damage, or cost-prohibitive repairs;
· when the vehicle attains the stipulated mileage or years for disposal;
· when the vehicle is no longer economically sustainable;
· when the vehicle is no-longer required; and
· When programs downscale or shut down.
The disposal procedure applied for vehicles will apply for all other assets such as:
· fork lift trucks
Vehicle safety is one of the key roles of the FM. It leads to staff safety and enhances road safety. WHO estimates 1.2 million people died and 50 million were injured in road crashes in 2002.
Vehicle safety hints.
Complying with legislature and security requirements
Legislature and security requirements are country specific and may relate to:
· driving authorisation documents;
· type of vehicle allowed;
· size of vehicles;
· communication equipments fitted into vehicles;
· duties and taxes;
· return of vehicles - some countries do not allow the re-export of vehicles;
· safety requirements; and
· Vehicle jurisdiction - some vehicle cannot operate outside a specified area.
The key to successful observance of health and safety is the development of an organisational culture of awareness of, and compliance with health and safety issues. To ensure that this is possible the Health & Safety policy document must be practical and be incorporated within day to day tasks.
Health & Safety Specifics in Fleet Management
Some organisations manage their own routine minor repairs and vehicle service workshops. Some basic health and safety measures for workshops would be:
· clear environments around work stations;
· completed risk assessments and action taken where risks are highlighted, i.e. warning tape on raised flooring;
· practice drills for fire evacuation; and
· Availability of and mandatory use of safety equipment such a goggles, boots, gloves, etc.
There are five areas specific to transport management where local health and safety procedures will probably need to be agreed and documented by the fleet technical staff:
1. Fuel stores
2. Safe operation of vehicles
3. Accident and incident procedures for vehicles
4. Vehicle workshops
5. Security of vehicle assets
As part of fleet management it is necessary to divide drivers into categories based on skills and competence. Constant evaluation of their skills, regular training and refresher courses will improve driver and vehicle performance, reduce number of accidents and reduce maintenance costs.
Each organization has the responsibility of identifying relevant training and courses available. These could be included in organizational capacity building programs for drivers.
Fleet management in organisations is expensive. Vehicles are valuable assets and critical for business continuity. They therefore require adequate attention.